Monday, August 9, 2010

Dear Lord, thank You for the beautiful women in my life...

That fact that I have many friends who are so different, and who are in such different places in their lives is such a blessing to me. The more I talk to these women, the more I grow in my understanding of the way our minds work, the things that drive us, and the things that distract us. I cherish each relationship, and I pray that I will not offend or disappoint any of them.

God has made each one of us as unique individuals, and throughout our lives we have developed our own personalities, likes, dislikes, and quirks. We use these things to connect with each other, but even more than that, to challenge each other. I am in love with this concept. We cause each other to think outside of our typical perspective. To embrace new things, to stand up for things we believe in, to listen and to love. This experience is intoxicating, and is often the thing that leaves me sitting with a girlfriend at 2 o'clock in the morning, still talking, whether at a table outside of a restaurant, in the middle of a parking lot, or on a couch.

I am thankful that God is still placing beautiful women into my life, and the women I have known for a while are becoming like family to me. I need this. It is definitely cause to worship.

Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment